Introduction Post

 The point of this post is so that you will learn more about me. 

(Dmu.ac.uk)



Why did I choose DMU?

After researching many universities that I wanted to be a part of I stumbled across DMU as a friend referred me, I wanted a high-ranking university for under-18 students like myself where the opportunity to do so is provided. I read many great reviews and once I got here I realized it was true.



What Sparked my interest in DMU?

I was always interested in computers from a young age. I came to a point in my life where I had to decide which university I will be going to in the future this made do rigorous research and I stumbled upon DMU a great university for computing that looked like the perfect fit for me.  



What is my course title at DMU?

Currently, I am completing my foundation in computing so I can go on to study Computer Science BSc (Hons).



What are the mandatory and optional modules for that course?

The modules I will be learning are

1. Database Desing and Implementation

2. Fundamental concepts of computer science 

3. Computer Programming 

4. Operating Systems and Networks


In the second year, I will go on to learn 

1. Object Oriented Design and Development

2. Data Structures and Algorithms

3. Web Application Development

4. Agile Development Team Project


In the third year, I will have 2 main modules and an optional module

1. Software Development: Methods and Standards

2. Big Data and Machine Learning

3. Development Project

Optional modules:

  • Block 3 / 4: Functional Programming
  • Block 3 / 4: Advanced Web Development
  • Block 3 / 4: Fuzzy Logic and Inference Systems
  • Block 3 / 4: Privacy and Data Protection


What modules am I most interested in?

I am interested in all the modules but the one that I want to learn the most about is programming as I believe the language of computers will be essential in the future.


What is my goal after I complete my course?

My main goal is to start my own business, I believe that learning computing will give me an edge on the competition whilst starting my business I can work a flexible career in software engineering to support my business endeavors.


What skills can DMU equip me with to achieve this goal?

This course is designed to prepare students for a wide variety of career opportunities from programming and developer roles to software engineering.

(Dmu.ac.uk)


Where do I see myself in 10 years?

In 10 years I will be 27 I believe I will have a successful career in business starting my own business with an IT perspective will really help me stand out and get an advantage over the competition.


Comments